Search Blood Donors
Blood Donate Tips
A healthy diet helps ensure a successful blood donation, and also makes you feel better! Check out the following recommended foods to eat prior to your donation.
Low fat foods Iron rich foods
Beat the myth
This is what you can expect when you are ready to donate blood:
- You walk into a reputed and safe blood donation centre or a mobile camp organized by a reputed institution.
blood group of any human being will mainly fall in any one of the following groups.
- A positive or A negative
- B positive or B negative
- O positive or O negative
- AB positive or AB negative.
Universal Donors and Recipients
The most common blood type is O, followed by type A.
Type O individuals are often called "universal donors" since their blood can be transfused into persons with any blood type. Those with type AB blood are called "universal recipients" because they can receive blood of any type.
Do donate blood,
Only if you satisfy all of the following conditions
- You are between age group of 18-60 years.
- Your weight is 45 kgs or more.
- Your last blood donation was 3 or more months earlier.
Do NOT donate blood,
If you have any of the following conditions
- Cold / fever in the past 1 week.
- Under treatment with antibiotics or any other medication.
- Major surgery in the last 6 months.
- Vaccination in the last 24 hours.
11 hours ago
2 days ago
3 days ago
3 days ago